Artemis recognizes that true caregivers are those with an innate desire to care for others. They make sacrifices for themselves in order to fulfill this desire to care, which can create day-to-day challenges, such as:
- Long hours and low pay
- Little, if any, reimbursement for the many expenses incurred in doing their job
- Physical exhaustion, which can leave little time for self
The factors above are among the many reasons we’re experiencing “The DSP crisis” – which has resulted in a shortage of caregivers, as well as inconsistent, disrupted services to individuals. It is a national problem.
My goal is to address the DSP crisis by doing myself what I would expect my staff to do for all whom they support: LISTEN.
My vision is to help to overcome the obstacles most DSPs face by offering:
- Competitive wages (starting at $15/hour)
- Opportunities for advancement – as a new company we will be growing from the field to the office.
- Expense Allowance.
- Full mileage reimbursement at $0.50/mile
- Health Care Stipends for Full Time Employees
- Paid training opportunities (both field and leadership related) as required and requested. You will have a voice in how you would like to grow and advance in your own career.
- Bi-weekly support meetings to LISTEN. We’ll check-in, ensure Artemis’ staff’s needs are met, share and brainstorm together around ways we can consistently offer the best practices to those we support, pass along industry updates, socialize, and – yes – even get pampered!!
Direct Support Professional
Provides compassionate care, instruction, and support to those Individuals who request our services and for whom we receive authorization to provide such services.
Lead Direct Support Professional
Provides compassionate care as well as mentors staff and serves as a Certified Investigator for Artemis
Ensures effective flow of communication between Individuals, their families, the Agency, and all stakeholders involved in the provision of services. Mentors and supports new and Direct Support Professionals. Recruits staff to meet the needs of current and new Individuals.
Ready to find out more?
We'd love to hear from you. Contact us today.