Direct Support Professional
Provides compassionate care, instruction, and support to those Individuals who request our services and for whom we receive authorization to provide such services. Participates in the person centered planning for each Individual supported. Provides sufficient feedback regarding progress toward Outcomes. Ensures the health and safety of all Individuals supported in all aspects of life. Adheres to all regulatory and agency standards. Reports to the designated Case Coordinator. In the absence of a Case Coordinator, reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Supports the development and implementation of person centered plans.
- Reviews, understands, and implements the ISP of each Individual supported. Provides
support as outlined and directed in the Plan.
- Provides assistance and/or instruction with ADLs and IADLs as required, while
promoting independence in these potential areas of growth.
- Attends in service training sessions as required.
- Completes annual training's as required.
- Encourages independence at all times, whenever possible and safe.
- Assists with transfers and/or ambulation as required.
- Practices universal safety precautions regarding infectious disease.
- Documents and maintains accurate records for each individual’s progress toward. Outcomes, daily activities, and care requirements for each shift worked.
- Participates in annual ISP meetings and/or multidisciplinary team meetings as required.
- Ensures open lines of communication between Individuals, families, and agency.
- Acts professionally at all times.
- Maintains current employment records by informing supervisor of any changes to demographics, completing training's on time, keeps auto and auto insurance requirements up-to-date, and completes training requirements on time.
- Informs supervisor of any changes to Individual’s care needs or desires to change Outcomes.
- Reports Incidents in a timely manner and as directed by the Incident Management
- Complies with all federal, state, county and agency regulations as they related to the provision of Waiver services.
- Performs other duties as determined necessary
The equivalent of High school diploma with one-year related experience as a provider of direct care support for persons with disabilities. Satisfactory ACT 33/34 and FBI clearances required. Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and a properly insured vehicle is also required.
Artemis is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Artemis is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.